Instant access to markets and information makes it harder for investors to stay focused. We believe there are several key tenets to understanding what truly matters:
- Advise across all of your wealth: Proper management of wealth is far more encompassing than simply managing your investments.
- A well-developed estate plan can be as important as your investment plan.
- Managing wealth is a marathon, not a sprint.
- Investor behavior is the ultimate driver of investment returns. We create portfolios to fit our clients, which in turn helps them to maintain the discipline to stay with their investment plan.
- Asset location vs. investment allocation: How the investment is owned can be just as important as the investment itself. Ownership structures and investment solutions can serve different purposes. It is critical to understand how these two concepts work together.
- After-tax returns matter: It’s not what you earn, it’s what you keep.
- Fees matter.