Investors have been bound to a limited scope in what they can access regarding their total financial balance sheet. Our technology allows our clients to access a complete, customized balance sheet, including multiple legal entities and complex ownership structures, available on demand using secure, cloud-based technology accessible through both desktop and mobile devices. This is a drastic change from the status quo of paper-based, quarterly reporting using static information typically generated on an Excel spreadsheet. We have radically broadened the data set that can be reported on in a simple, automated and customized fashion.
Through comprehensive data aggregation and reconciliation, we can offer clients a consolidated view of on-balance sheet items such as:
- Public equity / debt investments
- Private investments: private equity, co-investments, hedge funds
- Real estate: commercial/residential
- Employer stock and retirement plans
- Art collections
- Loan payables and receivables
- Life insurance
- Personal lines of credit/margin
As well as off-balance sheet items such as:
- Irrevocable trusts
- Donor advised funds / Private foundation
- 529 plans
By managing and coordinating this information in a real time, 360-degree fashion, we can more efficiently work with clients to navigate the complexities of their financial and non-financial lives.
In addition to giving clarity to clients overall balance sheet, clients will now have better insights/analytics such as:
- Total outstanding commitments to private equity investments
- Overall exposure in a particular asset class or individual company
- Current realized and unrealized tax status across multiple entities
- The tax impact of a vesting event in an employer-sponsored compensation program
With this type of information in hand, we are better-positioned to provide holistic advice on future investments and assist clients in understanding gifting strategies, asset-protection strategies and the potential tax consequences of different investment options.
In addition, taking into account forward-looking metrics on interest rates, inflation, stock market and tax trends, we can better assess the possible impact of a client’s short-term choices (e.g., spending, buying property, investing or paying down debt) on their entire balance sheet.
In short, advising across all of your wealth.